The Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB50420) reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They may plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
This course is designed to provide learners with the skills and knowledge to:
- Communicate with influence;
- Develop critical thinking in others;
- Lead and manage effective workplace relationships;
- Manage business operational plans;
- Develop and use emotional intelligence;
- Manage team effectiveness;
- Manage organisational customer service;
- Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability;
- Manage personal and professional development;
- Provide leadership across the organisation;
- Develop organisational strategies; and
- Lead the development of diverse workforces.
For more information, please refer to the OPC Student Handbook here.