What are Career Gaps? Do you need one?
Career gaps are common and aren’t necessarily a bad thing, so it’s better to be honest about them in your job application instead of trying to cover them up.
There are many reasons why people have career gaps:
- You might have lost your job or couldn’t find work
- You might have suffered from long-term physical and/or mental illness
- You might have had caring responsibilities
- You might have spent time travelling
- Or sometimes, you might purely feel the need to redefine your career path!
Whatever the reason, as long as you explain how you spent your time productively and faced challenges with resilience and strength, career gaps can actually work in your favour!
CRICOS 03878K | RTO 45644
Phone: (+61) 261 018 650
Canberra campus: Mezzanine Level, 15 Moore Street, Canberra ACT 2601
Melbourne campus: Suite 802, Level 8, 474 Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000